The ApolloShield Sense&Block system is a robust drone (UAV) detection, classification,
jamming system based on a single omnidirectional passive RF sensor and a single
omnidirectional RF jammer.
- Detection TechnologyPassive RF scanning
- Classification TechnologyAI-enabled pattern recognition
- Detection Library Coverage ~ 99% of COTS drones by market volume Includes all popular brands – DJI, Parrot, Yuneec, and more. Continuous library updates
- Probability of Detection / False AlarmExtremely high probability for detecting supported drones
pD > 99% at max detection distance*
pD = 100% at 75% of max detection distance*
* max distance depends on typical signal power and may vary by model
Extremely low false alarm probability, expected less than 1 per month pFA < 0.01%
- Identification of Takeoff / LandingAssumed when a drone is switched on/off
- Detection Frequencies
Standard library: 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz
Pro library (Optional): 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, 433 MH, 870 MHz, 900 MHz
Custom library (Optional): 70 MHz – 6 GHz
(Standard / Pro / Custom versions may require different antenna kits)
- Maximum Detection Distance*Up to 1
range up to 2-3 km (6,500 – 9,800 ft)
* US DJI Phantom 4 in a rural environment with low RF noise and LOS (Line-of-Sight).
** Typical range in semi-urban scenarios: approximately 60-80% of maximum range.
*** Range may vary according to conditions at the deployment site, the height of the sensor above the ground, and drone signal strength.
- Maximum Detection Altitude*100 – 300 m
* Same notes regarding maximum range apply to the maximum altitude
** The distance at which the maximum detection altitude is achieved may vary by antenna type and frequency and deteriorates with distance
- Average Detection Time < 2 seconds after drone enters the range
- User Interface and Interoperability
User connects directly to the sensor.
Automatic blocking – the user interface is optional.
Optional ruggedized tablet.
- Concurrent Detection CapabilityUnlimited; depends on the detected UAV/GCS model
- Jamming Technology
FM Modulated white noise
- Jamming Coverage
Enclosure, not including antennas: 55 x 42 x 27, 32 kg
- Jamming Channels
3 Channels, Individually Toggled On/Of
● 1560-1610 MHz (GPS L1)
● 2400-2500 MHz (Communications)
● 5720-5850 MHz (Communications)
Optional: Additional channels (not included with the base package)
● 432-436 MHz (Communications)
● 900-1170 MHz (Communications)
● 1170-1380 MHz (Military GPS)
Specific output power per channel as well as number of channels – to be specified with Customer and priced accordingly
- Effective Jamming Distance
Up to 3 km (3,280 ft), for US DJI Phantom 4 in a rural environment with low RF noise.
Typical range in semi-urban scenarios: approximately 60-80% of maximum range.
Range may vary according to conditions at the deployment site, the height of the sensor above the ground, and drone signal strength.
- Jamming Pattern
Single omnidirectional antenna for each frequency range, covering 360°
Optional: Directional jamming antennas, with or without rotator
- Average Mitigation Time
After communication jamming activation:
~1 second: Drone stops in place
~15 seconds Drone starts returning to home
Behavior may vary depending on the drone
If GPS jamming is also activated, the drone will land in-place, based on the drone’s model
- Concurrent Mitigation CapabilityAny number of drones within the effective jamming zone will be concurrently blocked
- Dimensions and Weight
Enclosure, not including antennas:
55 x 42 x 27, 32 kg
21. Housing Type, Environmental Conditions
Standard all-weather, outdoor IP42 equivalent
- Power Consumption1300 W
- Power SourceStandard: 110/220 VAC Power Optional: 12/24/48/custom VDC Optional: external battery source
- Operating Temperature -20 – +50°C
- Operating Humidity20% ~ 93% RH, non-condensing